Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Night Owls Don't Need Much Sleep or...No Beauty Rest Needed


For the last 15 or so yrs I've been a night owl and probably before then, as well. But more recently I have to limit myself to 3 or 4 hours of sleep per night or risk waking early, in most cases too early. Having NEVER been much of a morning person, too early is not an option. Plus, my bed always seems its “snuggliest” just before time to get up, I wonder why that is? Hmmm.

Well anyway, last Sunday as the kids and I prepared for the first day back at school after a wonderful two week vacation of sleeping in, I decided I wanted to be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed the next morning and went to bed around mid-night, which was early for me. I tossed, I turned, I thought and I mentally planned how the next day would play out as I lay there sleeping, on and off until it was time to rise. I stayed up all day that day, no time for a nap there was too much to do. I had laundry and dishes, calls and e-mails to make. Well, needless to say by 10 PM that night, I felt as though I'd collapse if I didn't find my way to my bed…and fast!
With homework done, dinner long ago eaten & all the "snatchers" in bed I just knew…there was no doubt in my mind…I'd sleep through the night. How could I not, I was dead tired! Well...I woke at 11:45PM only an hour and 45 minutes after I had laid down and didn't go back to bed until my last child had been dropped off at school, the dog -- a cute little 2 year old Yorkie I named Chancellor -- had been let out to potty and all the lights had been shut off ... 9am TUESDAY MORNING!

Oh well…I won’t stress over it, I'll just assume I'm already beautiful enough (I sure hope I'm not making an "ass" of myself with that assumption)

Until next time...

No comments: