Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION

As we make our way into the New Year a thought hit me. Where did this ritual of a resolution come from? Who started it and why?


I don't usually make New Year’s Resolutions as I am a "now person". If there's something I want to do, need to do, or think about doing…I do it now, while the desire to do it is still fresh on my brain and in my heart. However, it seems that lots of people use the start of the New Year to make changes in their lives.


Most diets start, vices are lost and behaviors change right along with the New Year.
But when's the cut off? Is June 1st, the midway point, the last day to start a New Year’s Resolution or is it earlier in the year?


Must you begin to make changes exactly on the first or can you wait a week or two? Who sets these rules? And an even better question is who abides by them?



If you have any answers please share them by submitting a comment or e-mailing us at fuzensquared@gmail.com

No comments: