Thursday, January 8, 2009

DO LITTLE *ITCHES GROW UP TO BE...BIG *ITCHES?


No offense but there is a such thing as a *itch. I’m not referring to a female dog either. Come on, EVERYONE knows one. That "heffa" with the attitude that makes you wanna slap her and her mama.


How do these women get these attitudes? Are they born that way? Do they pride themselves on this despicable behavior? Or do they start off as little *itches and grow up to be big *itches?


I have a daughter and quite often during her social time, I see what I refer to as having a “*itchy attitude”. As her mother, it is my job to put her in check, right? My method of teaching is quite often through narrative and I always appeal to her “spiritual common sense”, reminding her that her Karmic energy will bite her in the ass if she doesn’t watch herself.


Just this past weekend she had two friends over. Everything seemed to be going well and I figured I could toss that whole, “three’s a crowd” theory out the window.Unfortunately, the comaraderie was short lived and the bickering began. “What’s the matter?” I questioned. They all tried to explain their story to me. The bottom line I found out after listening to them all give their stories was that my daughter was being a, “Little *itch!” I reminded her that just last year she had been invited to a sleepover where the host and her guests treated her extremely cruel and I had her take a moment and reflect on how deeply pained she was from that experience.


Now don’t get me wrong, I don’t go around calling my daughter a *itch, but I don’t make excuses for her, either. What’s right is right and what’s wrong is sometimes very painfully wrong.


Perhaps you're thinking, all children go through this, and I would agree with you. But I feel that if appalling behavior is overlooked or oversimplified then as parents we do our children an injustice.


My daughter has expressed to me that she wants to be an actress. I can just imagine her being a "Diva" and me having to slap her back down to reality right there on set. LOL!

But, before I would ever consider exploring a "Hollywood" lifestyle, I would have to be confident that her attitude was in order because I truly believe that, Little *itches grow up to be Big *itches and if there’s going to be one around, IT WILL BE ME!


Hmmm, maybe there’s a little *itch in all of us!


Holla!

No comments: